I have been involved in Public Law cases where the following issues have been significant:
- Child deaths.
- Complex Finding of Fact Hearings.
- Unexplained injuries.
- Fictitious illness.
- Sexual abuse.
- Gang related violence.
I started my career in the late 1980’s as a Social Worker qualifying in Birmingham and working in the area of child protection throughout the West Midlands for over 13 years. This background in social work has given me a particular advantage in representing parents and children in Public Law proceedings.
Notable cases I have been involved in:
- E (A Child)  EWCA Civ 473 (19 May 2016)
- AT v SS  EWHC 2703 (Fam) (29 September 2015)
Experience and Accreditations
- Qualified as a solicitor in 2004.
- Studied at the University of Coventry graduating in 2000.
- Completed the Legal Practice course at the College of Law in Birmingham.
- Member of the Law Society Children’s Panel.