Are you or is someone you know on the lookout for a new opportunity?
Are you starting your career, or well established and eager to work in a progressive, modern, award winning law firm?
The pages following this will give you an insight into current opportunities, the application process, the benefits available to you at Brethertons, and the Culture of the organisation you will be joining.
Right now, the question is, why should you apply in the first place?
- Brethertons is a great place to work that’s why! We have previously been named as a ‘One to Watch’ organisation through Best Companies UK.
- We have clear pathways for progression – offering individuals the opportunity to be Technical Specialists or on a Management Development route to fit with their skill set.
- We are growing as a firm, adding new roles into our teams each financial year.
- In 2021 our very own Dani Green won Young Professional of the Year, Dani started with us by completing her training contract at Brethertons and is now working as a Partner in our Residential Leasehold team. We really value personal development.
- We were a Highly Commended Legal Service Provider of the Year 2021 Property Management Awards.
- We run quarterly pulse surveys which allows us to get a diverse range of thoughts/views/feelings and feedback anonymously. One of the recent surveys specifically focused on culture to ensure that we are addressing and continually evolving our organisation’s culture. We also circulate ‘You Said’ ‘We Did’ communications to staff to show we are listening and acting on the feedback.
- We offer flexible working and a work-life balance.
- Excellent IT equipment - on your first day you will be provided with a laptop, headset and work mobile phone to ensure you have all of the equipment you need to work effectively.
- We are known for the exceptional service we provide to our clients, which is the key to our success, and Brethertons are committed to invest and develop our employees to ensure that our exceptional client service is delivered at all times.
- We hold regular social events as well as an annual staff conference in the summer, which provides the opportunity for all staff to socialise and includes providing business updates and presenting staff awards.
- Each year we support a different charity, fundraising for this is run by our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee.
- Our CSR Committee organise various events throughout the year including get togethers, a book club, charity cake sales, competitions and more.
- Finally we have also created a sense of belonging – ensuring that all staff feel that they can be their true selves whilst at work and feel like they belong to the firm as a Brethertonian. We also have an 'open door' policy where staff can reach out to our Partners at any time.
We carry out regular induction and onboarding surveys and below is some of the feedback that was provided by our Brethertonians:
- 100% of staff said their team has made them feel extremely welcome
- 100% of staff said Brethertons has met their expectations
We asked staff why they decided to join Brethertons and they said the following:
- The firm’s ethos, values and culture
- The supportive mechanisms in teams
- Reputable, client focused and clear progression
- Great opportunities