We care passionately about every customer we help
Partner and Head of Family Law, Rugby
You’ve just had an offer accepted on your dream home. If it wasn’t hard enough to pick the right house for you, it can sometimes be even harder to select the best conveyancer for the job. Frequently, you see conveyancers dealing with transactions where the house is based outside their locality.
In my opinion, the customer is often missing out on the benefits of instructing a solicitor within their local area. This is by no means an exhaustive list but some of the main benefits of instructing your local conveyancing solicitor are as follows:
1. Personal Touch – When you instruct a solicitor outside your locality, you often deal with them by telephone or e-mail. If you want to meet them face-to-face, it can involve a long drive and inconvenience. You are instructing a company to handle possibly the biggest investment that you will ever make, so a face-to-face meeting to talk things through so that you both understand the transaction in detail, can only be beneficial.
2. Accessibility – Local conveyancers are often located within the heart of the towns where they operate. This means that you can to pop in whenever necessary, often without the need for an appointment. Brethertons offices are all centrally located also open on Saturday mornings so that customers can come in to see us at the weekend.
3. Local Knowledge – Using an established conveyancer with a strong history in the region gives you a wealth of local knowledge. This can be beneficial not only in the speed that the transaction proceeds but also the accuracy of the work that is carried out. Brethertons have been in existence since the 1800’s. As a result, our team of conveyancing experts have a wealth of local knowledge and expertise.
4. Fraud Prevention – There has been much publicity recently about the ongoing problem in conveyancing of fraudsters intercepting communications between solicitors and customers to convince a customer to transfer monies to a different bank account. Meeting face-to-face allows a customer to check bank details and so avoid the fraudsters, who are often very sophisticated and hard to detect. Brethertons have a policy of seeing all customers face-to-face so that we can build trust and deliver a personal service.
5. Other Legal Services – Once you have completed on your transaction, it may be the case that you are looking for a subsequent legal service. The benefits of having a solicitor with local knowledge that you can meet face-to-face, extends beyond conveyancing for example making a will or a declaration of trust. As with our conveyancing teams, the other teams within Brethertons have accuracy of work and customer experience as their utmost priority.
Brethertons has been part of the local community for hundreds of years. Whether it be sponsoring local events or supporting initiatives, we always have the community and customer at heart.