Brethertons LLP Solicitors Banner Image

News & Blogs

News and Events
Poppy Harber

Special Measures in Family Court Proceedings

  • Posted

Family Court proceedings can be daunting, whether you are the Applicant or Respondent, especially if you are a victim of Domestic Abuse. If you are a party to Family Court proceedings, and you are a victim of domestic abuse perpetrated by the other party,...

What is an Occupation Order?

  • Posted

An Occupation Order is an Order that a Court can make, under Section 33 of the Family Law Act 1996, to determine who can remain living in a property, or defining who can enter certain parts of the home, if parties are unable to agree. This is often applied...

Can I apply for a Non-Molestation Order?

  • Posted

If you have been the victim of domestic abuse, you can apply for a ‘Non-Molestation Order’. This is an injunction in the form of a Court Order that protects you or your child from being harmed or threatened by the person who has abused you. ...

What if my ex and I cannot agree which school our child should go to?

  • Posted

Once parties separate there is sometimes a disagreement as to which school their child should attend, particularly if the separation results in a child’s address changing or if parents have separated some time before a child starts school. A...